A verified tick (green tick badge) represents a WhatsApp Official Business account. Before applying for this account type, make sure your WhatsApp account:
- represents a well-known business,
- has gone through business verification on Facebook, and
- has set up two-factor notification.
If you meet the above criteria, you can request for business verification by contacting your WhatsApp business solution provider (API provider).
Alternatively, you can also request for verification from the Facebook Business Manager by following the steps below:
- Login to your Facebook Business Manager account and click “Business Settings”
- Under accounts, select “WhatsApp Accounts”
- If you have multiple accounts listed, select the one that you wish to request verification for
- Select “Settings” and click “Contact Support”
- Click “Ask a question” on the top-right and choose “WABiz: Request official business account status”
- Fill the required information. Note: make sure you have two-factor authentication set up before you proceed to send your business for verification
- The request status will be available under the “Direct support” option in your Business Manager
If your request is approved, your WhatsApp Business account will automatically be upgraded to WhatsApp Official Business account and show a verified green tick right beside your profile picture.