Shopify businesses commonly use a shared WhatsApp inbox tool like WATI for their customer service.
But if you’re looking for WATI alternatives before you make the final decision, your search ends here!
We’ve tried several dozen shared inbox tools and shortlisted the top 10 alternatives for WATI that you can consider for your customer support needs.
Before we dive in, let’s learn a bit about WATI and what are the features that make it good for ecommerce businesses.
What is WATI?
WATI is a WhatsApp Business Solutions Provider (BSP) and customer support tool owned by Clare.ai.
Customers can apply for the WhatsApp Business API through them and use their shared inbox tool for customer support.
It also offers a no-code chatbot builder to automate customer responses and to create conversation flows.
Built for B2C businesses of all sizes, WATI is a great customer support tool if you only need to respond to customers on WhatsApp.
Price: $40/month billed yearly for 5 agents. No free trial.
- Minimal initial setup: After getting access to the WhatsApp API, the support team handles the complete integration
- Great support: The support team assists in each step of the onboarding process
- Team structure management: You can create team structures within WATI with its team and user management features
- Chatbots and conversation flows: Create chatbots and conversation flows to speed up responses to common questions and offer solutions instantaneously
- Works only with WhatsApp: If you support customers on any other platform, you’d still need to purchase an additional CRM tool.
- Default chatbot is basic: It responds based on keywords and cannot continue conversations. For the flow builder, you need to pay an additional $49 monthly fee
Top WATI alternatives for ecommerce customer support
While WATI is great for businesses who support customers only on WhatsApp, this is also one of the limitations of WATI.
If you’re like many businesses who also support customers on different platforms, you may have to look for another solution that helps.
A better option is an omnichannel support inbox. Let’s look at some of the WATI alternatives that integrate with more than just WhatsApp.