Absolutely! You can convert your WhatsApp number to the Business API. But before you can do so, you need to delete your existing WhatsApp account from the app.
Follow the steps below once you have created your Facebook Business Manager account:
- On your Facebook Business Manager, add the phone number that is already registered in the Android, iPhone, or Business versions of WhatsApp.
- Assign a display name to your phone number, following the display name guidelines.
- Submit it for review by the WhatsApp team. You will be notified when the display name is approved. Note: You can't download a certificate if your WhatsApp account on your Android or iPhone is still active.
- Open WhatsApp (or WhatsApp Business) app on your Android or iPhone.
- Navigate to the Settings page.
- Tap “Account” and then “Delete my account”
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the deletion of your account. It may take up to 2 minutes to delete the account from the WhatsApp servers. Once done, can refresh your Facebook Business manager page and the certificate will be available for download
After you download the certificate, you can follow the steps in this guide to complete the conversion of your existing WhatsApp number to the Business API.