Callbell helps you manage your customer support across WhatsApp, Instagram, Telegram and Messenger. But if you’re also looking to manage Emails & Live Chat, or send promotional WhatsApp campaigns, there are other tools you could evaluate for your business.
Below, we compare the 7 best Callbell alternatives so you can make an informed decision. After diving a little into why Callbell is good & bad we look at the pros, cons & pricing of other tools in the market.
What is Callbell?
Callbell is a web-based solution that helps businesses manage multiple communication channels, such as Facebook Messenger, Instagram, Telegram, and WhatsApp all in a single platform. It also provides a website widget that allows your customers to choose their preferred messaging app to communicate with your business. It also has a mobile app (Android & iOS) to help you answer any messages on the go.
It has two pricing plans — Chat management for 14€ per user / per month and Chat management Plus for 18€ per user / per month. You can connect to Instagram for an additional € 20 / month & WhatsApp for € 35 / month.
You can take a 7-day free trial to see all the features of the platform.
- You can save contacts directly without having to have a contact list on your phone and those are shared with all agents.
- You can use unlimited agents and transfer chats between agents instantly. Context of conversation can be added via notes.
- Notifications & syncing of web apps & mobile apps are not perfect. Sometimes you receive the notification but you don't see the message until you click on the contact list or refresh the webpage.
- The design of the app can seem old and uninteresting.
- It doesn't allow you to send voice messages, or files or see if the messages were delivered or not.
DelightChat is an Omnichannel Helpdesk + WhatsApp Marketing Software built for SME brands that enables them to deliver out-of-the-box customer service. It’s designed with a conversation-first approach that enables you to manage your store’s support & painlessly resolve customer queries - all from a single screen.
- Omnichannel inbox that helps you manage WhatsApp, Instagram, Facebook, Emails & Live Chat.
- Complete WhatsApp Marketing suite - Send WhatsApp Broadcasts to your customer lists using Official API.
- Get Official WhatsApp API access with free Green Tick application.
- Automated WhatsApp notifications such as Abandoned Cart, Order Confirmation, Delivery Notifications & Cash on Delivery Order Verification.
- DelightChat enables you to respond to customer queries & collaborate with your team, all from a single screen. No need to toggle between tabs, which leads to a loss in productivity & loss of work hours.
- For now, DelightChat only integrates with Shopify that allows it to access your Shopify admin dashboard data. However, it will soon be available for other ecommerce platforms like WooCommerce.
Messaggio is a tool that offers messaging services on multiple channels — SMS, Viber, WhatsApp & more. Main features include bulk messages, & automated messages.
It offers a 30-day free trial. No credit card is required. Pricing starts from The cost of creating an omnichannel messaging experience consisting of the 200 euro monthly fee per Sender ID and then it costs +0.008 euro Fee per message.
- You can integrate it easily with popular payment gateways, ecommerce platforms, and CRMs.
- Real-time statistics are available for 'sent', 'delivered', and 'viewed' messages. This helps a business tweak its strategy for maximum results.
- You can send messages according to the recipient's time zone or at the time of their greatest activity to increase the Open rate.
- Send audio, video, files, and images to your customers for clear communication. You can also add multiple buttons to a message for people to take action.
- You need to pay a monthly fee to keep your WhatsApp Sender ID even if you don't send any messages. The 200 eur/ month fee for that can be quite steep.
- Pricing is complicated as you pay for both outgoing and incoming messages.
Read on: Learn about the best Messaggio alternatives for your business.
AiSensy offers an official Whatsapp business APIs-based marketing and customer support platform. You can create chatbots and use the multi-agent shared inbox to collaborate with team members.
Paid plan starts from $14/month which gives you 2000 monthly active users. The next pricing is $36/month for 5000 monthly active users & goes up to $130/month for 20,000 monthly active users.
It offers a 14-day free trial. No credit card is required to get started.
- Their customer support team is available 24/7 to assist you with any issues.
- It provides filters to segregate and filter your audience without uploading a new excel file every time you need to send targeted messages.
- It can easily connect with Shopify, Hubspot, Salesforce, WooCommerce, Zapier, Payment Portals, CRMs & more.
- Send Whatsapp Smart Notifications that include Quick Reply Call-to-Action Buttons for improved conversions.
- The automated messaging functionality is still being developed by their team and is not completely reliable yet.
- Template approval takes a long time via their dashboard.
- Shopify marketplace integrations are not available.
- The UI can be improved to make it easy for a beginner to use it.
Picky Assist is a WhatsApp Business Solution that provides WhatsApp Business API, shared inbox, chatbots, integration with Google Sheets, drip campaigns, and bulk messaging.
Get started with as low as $5/month and send 2500 broadcast messages. Other paid plans are $10, and $25 with more quota for broadcast messages. You can send unlimited broadcasts if you pay $35/month.
- Picky Assist allows you to connect your existing numbers as a channel to Zendesk Support to provide a single unified number for WhatsApp, SMS & Call Support.
- You can create message sequences that get triggered based on certain customer actions or events.
- No coding skills are required to build advanced chatbots. Everything can be done through the drag-and-drop builder. The same flow can be configured for multiple channels and websites.
- It doesn't provide pre-defined, canned responses that can be selected for quick response.
- There is no tagging of customers to create segments and targeted campaigns. You can only send bulk messages or upload different excel sheets to work around the lack of segmentation.
Read on: Learn about the best Picky Assist alternatives for your business.
Respond.io is a web-based messaging platform that connects customers from any channel to multiple teams — marketing, sales, support & engineering. The company is based in Hong Kong.
They have a forever-free plan that allows you to send messages to up to 100 contacts and send 4 broadcasts per month and gives all the basic features. You can choose this when evaluating if this platform works for you or not. Paid plan starts from $29 a month (Pro). If you need advanced features & analytics for multi-team workflows you can choose Business Plan that starts from $79 per month. The highest plan is 399/month for enterprise clients.
- It's easy to use, & has a user-friendly interface.
- Customer support is fast and responsive.
- You can create customer profiles with all messaging, web chat, SMS, and email interactions merged into a single place. This helps save the full context of a customer, irrespective of their mode of communication every time they messaged you.
- Respond.io has easy automation like tagging, assigning or auto-responding to messages.
- The tools is aimed at enterprise clients so pricing can be a pinch in the pocket.
- When prospects are added twice, it doesn't recognise them as duplicates. This can lead to loss of context and reporting issues.
- The number of features provided has led to complexity of the system. This can be a bit overwhelming if all you want to do is stay connected to your audience via a few channels.
Haptik is an AI-based conversational platform that helps you implement chat bots on websites, mobile apps, and messaging channels. Their features cater to industries like retail and e-commerce, financial services, travel and hospitality, and telecom. It offers a voice-enabled W that works as a shopping assistant answering FAQs, helping with transactions and order tracking.
Pricing is given through a custom quote based on your requirements. For that, you'll have to get in touch with their sales team or book a demo.
- You can setup one-time or recurring bulk campaigns.
- You can add a frictionless 3-click UPI payment experience on WhatsApp using Haptik.
- It provides a chatbot to respond to follow-up queries on WhatsApp. Product recommendations can be sent directly on WhatsApp.
- It offers a hybrid of translation & custom native language. You can choose from Hindi, Spanish, Tamil, Gujarati, Hinglish & many other languages.
- Pricing is not available upfront. It can take time to judge whether it fits your budget or not. The pricing would likely not suit an SMB.
- Conversational flows can be rigid and difficult to change to suit a particular use case.
- To perform minor tasks like editing or adding/designing flows, copies changes you'll have to get in touch with the customer success team & can't be done on your own.
Verloop is an automation platform that offers customer support and engagement. It provides omnichannel support on the website, in-app, WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger, Instagram, Viber, and more.
Main features include acquiring leads through chatbots, engaging customers with conversation AI, multilingual bots, syncing data and automated workflows, a dashboard for detailed insights, automated flows such as abandoned cart sequence, & much more.
Pricing information is not available on their website & hence you'll need to contact them directly to talk about it.
- It allows you to integrate your own inbuilt CRM with Verloop which helps in generating more leads. Integration with Zapier and CRMs make it easy to get the leads' info from your chats to other tools.
- You can design a bot to automatically greet website visitors and qualify them as a lead, and if needed design triggers for your team to take over the conversation.
- Adding quick response and configuring chat transfer based on the agents' regions can take some time.
- Analytics are basic and not enough to drive key marketing insights.
- The user interface has a learning curve and it's not aesthetically very pleasing that can make customer support a tad bit boring.
- There's no mobile app to stay connected to customers on the go.
- Pricing is not displayed upfront.
Read on: Learn about the best Verloop alternatives for your business.
We hope our research helped you find the best Callbell alternative for your business.
DelightChat: Manage WhatsApp Support + Marketing
Does it feel overwhelming to add one more channel of communication to your business? Well, you don't have to feel that way because of the tools like DelightChat that help manage all support channels & customer queries from one dashboard.
To scale your customer service using WhatsApp, give DelightChat a try. It is a customer service tool tailor-made for ecommerce brands. We also help brands grow their revenues profitably via WhatsApp Marketing!
With DelightChat, you get:
- Shared inbox to manage WhatsApp, Instagram, FB, Email & Live Chat queries
- Smart automations, ability to reply quickly using templates, easy team collaboration on support queries
- Official WhatsApp Business API
- WhatsApp Marketing features like sending broadcasts to customer lists
- Marketing automation like abandoned cart, order notifications, upsell & cross-sell, more
Sign up today to get a personalized demo!