If you are a business owner wishing to take advantage of Facebook’s advertising capabilities, then you need to connect your WhatsApp Business account to your Facebook page.
By doing so, you can enable advertisements on your Facebook page that potential customers can click to be redirected to your WhatsApp Business account. As such, they can be directed from your Facebook or Instagram advertisements to your WhatsApp number to begin a conversation.
In this article, we cover the step-by-step of connecting your WhatsApp Business account to Facebook page.
Why connect WhatsApp Business account to Facebook page?
Connecting your WhatsApp Business account to your Facebook page has several advantages for you as a business owner.
It allows you to place WhatsApp ads
By connecting your WhatsApp Business account to Facebook page, you can place WhatsApp ads on your Facebook page which direct incoming leads to your WhatsApp Business account.
As a business owner, this gives you more control over your potential customers since you can provide personalized support to them and gain approval for your brand.
It integrates your business digital media
If you are using Meta’s marketing tools, then it may be wise for you as a business owner to connect your digital assets across Facebook, Instagram, and WhatsApp. This ensures a smoother coordination for your marketing efforts across all three platforms.
Furthermore, the capabilities of those tools complement one another. While Facebook and Instagram help promote your business to potential new customers, WhatsApp helps you communicate with them and increase your chances of conversion as well as retention.
According to Facebook, at least 67% of Facebook users browse the Facebook page of a local business once a week, so the chances of you finding more buyers through your Facebook page are reasonably high.
It simplifies communication with your business
When prospective buyers browse your business Facebook page, they may have questions. Connecting your WhatsApp Business account to your Facebook page enables them to easily reach out to you in case they have questions.
As a business, by connecting your WhatsApp Business account to your Facebook page, you can enable a ‘Send Message’ option on your Facebook page that lets customers directly chat with you on your WhatsApp Business number.
Additionally, because WhatsApp is one of the most widely-used communication applications worldwide, there is a good chance that your customers may prefer using it as well for communicating with the companies they buy from.
It may help increase your business sales
If your customers can communicate with you easily over WhatsApp Business, the chances of them purchasing products from your business may increase.
Clear communication helps eliminate confusion and thus may boost the purchase intent of buyers.
What do you need to connect WhatsApp Business account to Facebook page?
To connect your WhatsApp Business account to your Facebook page, you must have:
1. A verified WhatsApp Business account; this account must be linked to your phone number used by your business to communicate with your current and prospective customers.
Note that it must be a WhatsApp Business account (and not a WhatsApp account, which is the non-commercial variant of the application). If your business phone number is linked to a regular (non-commercial) WhatsApp account, check out this blog to convert your WhatsApp to a WhatsApp Business account.
If you do not have a WhatsApp Business account, learn how you can create one.
2. A Facebook page for your business. Refer to this article to know how to create a Facebook page for your business if you do not have one already.
3. Both applications, including WhatsApp Business and Facebook should be updated with the latest versions as released from the Apple App Store (for iOS device) or Google Play Store (for Android devices).
How to connect WhatsApp Business to Facebook Page: Step-by-step guide
To connect WhatsApp Business to Facebook page, follow the step-by-step instructions below.
1. Login to your Facebook account, specifically the admin account for your Facebook page.
2. Navigate to ‘Pages’ from the side menu and select your preferred Facebook page (if you have more than one).
3. From the left-side ‘Manage Page’ menu, scroll down and select ‘Settings’.
4. You will be directed to ‘Page Settings’. From there, scroll down and click on ‘WhatsApp’.
5. Enter your phone number in the ‘Phone number’ field as shown above; this phone number must be identical to your business contact number present in your Facebook Business Manager account as well as your Instagram account. Click on ‘Continue’ once you have correctly input the number.
6. You will receive a one-time password (OTP) from Facebook Business on your phone number (make sure it is connected to WhatsApp Business). Input this OTP in your Facebook account confirmation prompt.
7. Upon confirming the OTP sent to your WhatsApp Business phone number by Facebook Business, you will receive a confirmation prompt as shown below.
Here, you have the option to either ‘Add Button’ which when clicked adds a WhatsApp button to your Facebook page, or you can ‘Skip’ it. Since we are interested in enabling the WhatsApp button functionality for our Facebook page, click on ‘Add Button’.
Note that if you already had a WhatsApp button, then the new button (connected to your new phone number, if you have changed it) will replace the previous one.
8. Now, you have an option to Post with a WhatsApp Button. This enables you to create posts on your Facebook page that when clicked will automatically direct people to your WhatsApp Business number.
If you wish to create a post now, click on ‘Create Post’, otherwise click on ‘Skip’. For the sake of illustration, we choose ‘Create Post’ in this article.
9. You will be prompted to create a new post, but notice that there is an option for WhatsApp in the post.
You may also click the three dots next to the photo and WhatsApp icons to customize your post options. When clicked, we can see the ‘Get WhatsApp messages’ option, thus confirming that you have successfully connected your WhatsApp Business account to Facebook page. We click on ‘Post’ once the customization options for the post have been selected.
10. Now you have the option to create a WhatsApp Ad. The primary purpose of WhatsApp ads is to help more people reach your business on WhatsApp. Since we are not creating WhatsApp ads right now, click on ‘Skip’.
11. You may receive a prompt from Facebook asking you to ‘try WhatsApp Business’ such as the one shown below. Since we already are using WhatsApp Business for your business phone number, click on ‘Done’ to finish the process of connecting your WhatsApp Business account to Facebook page.
12. You will now be sent back to your WhatsApp options page under Page Settings as shown below. Make sure that both ‘Use WhatsApp as action button’ and ‘Show WhatsApp number on Page’ are turned ON.
Now, any visitor on your Facebook page will be directly able to contact your business by clicking the ‘WhatsApp’ button, thus making it easier for them to communicate with your business.
How to connect WhatsApp Business account to Facebook Page on Android or iOS
An alternative to connecting your WhatsApp Business to your Facebook page is to do so through the WhatsApp Business application on your smartphone.
The benefit of this is that you do not need a laptop or computer to connect your WhatsApp account to Facebook page as it can be done within the WhatsApp Business application itself. If you wish to do so, follow the steps below.
1. Open the WhatsApp Business application.
2. For iOS devices, navigate to ‘Settings’ followed by ‘Business Tools’, and for Android devices, tap on ‘More Options’ followed by ‘Business Tools’.
3. Under ‘Business Tools’, scroll down to ‘Facebook & Instagram’ and tap the option.
4. Tap on ‘Facebook – Add WhatsApp to your page’ followed by ‘Continue’ on the prompt that appears.
5. Login to your Facebook page in the login window that opens. Make sure this is the same login account used as the admin of your company’s Facebook page (the screenshots below are from an iOS device, but from this point onward, the steps are identical even from Android devices).
6. You will then see the ‘Connect your WhatsApp account’ page with your selected page’s details and your WhatsApp Business phone number. If the details are correct, tap on ‘Connect WhatsApp’.
7. You will then receive a confirmation saying ‘Your accounts are connected’. This confirms that you have successfully linked your WhatsApp Business account to Facebook page. You can now either tap ‘Back to WhatsApp’ or ‘View Page’. Since we do not need to visit our Facebook page right now, tap on ‘Back to WhatsApp’.
8. You will then be redirected back to your WhatsApp Business application’s ‘Facebook and Instagram’ tab where you will now see your Facebook page as ‘WhatsApp added’, hence completing the WhatsApp to Facebook page linking process.
If you are accessing WhatsApp Business from an Android device, only the initial few steps will be different. Instead of tapping on ‘Settings’, you need to tap on ‘More Options’ followed by ‘Business Tools’.
From there on, the rest of the steps are the same as connecting WhatsApp Business to Facebook page on iOS devices.
How to remove WhatsApp account from Facebook page
In case you have connected the wrong phone number to your Facebook page, then you may need to remove it so that you can connect the right one.
You can remove your WhatsApp account from Facebook page either through your WhatsApp application or through your Facebook page. Note that while you can connect either your WhatsApp or WhatsApp Business to your Facebook page, the removal of your WhatsApp account from Facebook page through the app is only possible through the WhatsApp Business app.
Note that if your linked phone number to your Facebook page is the correct one, as in it is the registered phone number for your business, then you may simply need to convert your WhatsApp to WhatsApp Business or create a WhatsApp Business account associated with your business phone number, as the case may be.
To remove your WhatsApp account from Facebook page, follow the steps below
1. Login to your Facebook page, navigate to ‘Pages’ from your left-side menu, select your company’s Facebook page.
2. Scroll down and click on ‘Settings’.
3. Scroll down once more and click on ‘WhatsApp’. You will see this screen below, as in WhatsApp number will already be connected to your Facebook page.
4. Click on ‘Disconnect’, then click on ‘Disconnect’ once more in the prompt that appears, and your current WhatsApp number will be removed.
5. From here, you can input the correct phone number (registered with your business) and click on ‘Continue’. You will receive an OTP from Facebook on the WhatsApp account associated with that number.
6. Type in the OTP into the Facebook page prompt and click on ‘Confirm’ to complete connecting your WhatsApp Business account to Facebook page.
To remove your WhatsApp account from Facebook page through the WhatsApp Business application, follow the steps below
1. Open WhatsApp Business (it is not possible to remove WhatsApp phone number from Facebook page through the app if you are using WhatsApp instead of WhatsApp Business; if this is the case, you need to disconnect the phone number from your Facebook page as shown previously in the article).
2. Tap on ‘Settings’ for WhatsApp Business iOS or on ‘More Options’ for WhatsApp Business Android.
3. Tap on ‘Business Tools’, scroll down and tap on ‘Facebook & Instagram’.
4. You will see the connected Facebook page, tap on it and select ‘Remove WhatsApp’, then tap ‘Remove’ once more.
Leverage the power of WhatsApp Marketing with WhatsApp API
In 2020, WhatsApp was recognized as the fourth most downloaded app worldwide with more than 1 million new users added per day. With more than 140 million businesses present across different platforms of Facebook, including WhatsApp, there is no reason why your business should not leverage the power of WhatsApp marketing.
DelightChat provides access to WhatsApp Business API (or WhatsApp API) for your business. With WhatsApp Business API, you can seamlessly integrate WhatsApp’s chat functionality with your CRM, send messages to thousands of customers, and more.
With WhatsApp API by DelightChat, you can also launch WhatsApp Marketing Campaigns to boost your company’s sales.
Signup with DelightChat today and schedule a call with our team to learn more about how WhatsApp API can help you grow your business.