It can be hard to keep track and reply to Instagram comments directly and via DMs. So I decided to whip up an article that outlines the exact steps to do so on your mobile app as well as from your desktop.
Let’s get started.
1. Reply to Instagram Comments on Mobile App
Let’s start with the most basic functionality - replying to IG comments on the mobile app. The steps are absolutely easy.
- First, go to the post where you want to reply to a comment.
- Now, tap on the [View all comments] link. You should now see all the comments with the recent ones at the bottom.
- Tap [Reply] for the comment you’d like to reply to. The input box will now have the IG username of the person you’re replying to.
- Enter your comment and hit [Post]
2. Reply to Instagram Comments from Web Browser
Alright, you might be someone who enjoys using the desktop way more than their phones. And why not, it’s less distracting and helps you get work done faster.
Now you can engage with Instagram using your web browser as well, which was restricted earlier by them.
Follow the short GIF or the steps below:
- Go to the IG post where you want to reply to a comment
- Scroll the right section to view the comments
- Click [Reply] for the comment you want to respond to
- Enter your reply and click [Post].
3. Reply to a specific message on Instagram DMs
Let’s talk about how you can reply to an Instagram DM. You may receive a lot of DMs from your customers on your IG account. And it’s of utmost importance to respond to every one of them in a timely manner.
Here are the steps to respond to a specific message on IG DMs:
- Hover your mouse over the message you want to reply to.
- Click the curved arrow to reply to the message
Add your message and hit [Send].
Looking for the perfect support tool for your ecommerce business?
An easier way to manage Instagram comments and DMs with DelightChat.
All the steps above can be easy if you have very few messages coming in daily. But as you scale your brand, it is easy to get lost in the hundreds of messages daily.
We build Delightchat to help you manage your Instagram, Facebook, Emails, and more!
Let’s see how you can reply to comments, DMs, and directly send a message as a reply to a comment with DelightChat.
1. Reply to Instagram Comments on DelightChat
After you log in to your DelightChat account, you’ll see the connected support channels. Select Instagram, and you should be able to view all the comments that have come through.
Select the comments from the second section and then hit reply for the comment that you want to reply to. That’s it :)
2. Reply to Instagram comments via Direct Messages on DelightChat
There’s another option to respond to comments on DelightChat. What if you do not want to respond publicly to a comment?
Maybe you want to share order details or payment information with your customers.
DelightChat makes it really easy to directly respond to a customer who has commented on your post via DM.
- Hover your mouse over the comment that you want to send a DM to.
- Click the three dots that appear after you hover
Click [Message] and you can now enter your message on the popup box